A new way of thinking. No more excuses. Run everyday.
Exercise my body. Train my mind.

Monday, April 26, 2010

sunshine and nostalgia

This weekend was beautiful. I spent time at my parent's place and was able to catch a little league game. I love that hometown feeling of baseball in the park. Did a slight jog to the park and walked back to my parents place. I didn't really get my full hour of exercise but I did a good amount of walking. Sunday was a glorious day back in SF. My cousin and friend had our traditional breakfast on Balboa Street at Cinderella Bakery...Cappuccino and Croissant (yes, they should be capitalized). Somehow we were finally convinced to ride our bikes through the park and play some soccer. It was really laid back until I decided to play "Monkey in the Middle"--kinda got me winded. Playing soccer is so nostalgic and yet a painful reminder of how out of shape I really am and how long ago I played the game. I wish I never stopped. The bike adventure continued through the park as we watched roller bladers, skaters, skaterboarders of all ages on the blacktop. They always play such good jams too. Moseying on down toward the museums we stopped at the lindy hoppers. Ella Fitzgerald and Beyonce blared through the park within the same half hour. Our two wheel adventure left the park to get some deli sandwiches and then we rode our bikes home. Overall it felt good to get a lot of sunshine and get out of the house. I'm learning that I really have to workout on purpose or my heart rate just doesn't get to where it needs to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment